/May-lin/ * (noun)
Origin: Cantonese Chinese
1. A reader who reads past her bedtime and easily swoons over unexpected metaphors, clever endings, plot twists, and memorable characters.
2. A writer of picture books and middle grade novels with characters who share her life experiences and emotional truths or people she wishes she can be and with adventures she wishes she can have.
3. A soap-maker who crafts soaps that look like food or geeky objects.
4. An urban gardener working toward the goal of growing all the veggies and fruits her family eats.
5. A friend to animals and insects except those that keep stealing her harvests without asking.
6. A wife to a husband with opposite tastes in music and food and a mommy to two spunky little girls who fill her with gratitude and inspire mischievous ideas.